Tuesday, August 28, 2007

40th Birthday Card


My friend just celebrated her 40th birthday and being the crafty girl that I am, making her card was on my list. I'm in love with vintage circus-type lettering and searched on-line for a free font. Check out dafont.com for lots of choices. This one is called "Cast Iron". I just enlarged and printed out the "40", backed it to scrapbook paper and used Pop Dots (I live for Pop Dots!) to attach it to the card. I punched holes down the side, threaded ribbon and used some rhinestone brads for sparkle. Since this was a hand-delivered card what an opportunity to decorate a matching envelope. Just glue the envelope shut, trim 1/4" off the short edge and decorate the front. Slide in the card and it is ready for a special friend.

1 comment:

  1. Hello~thought I'd drop by your blog! thank you for dropping by mine! And a big thanks for the website for clip art. I have such trouble finding good ones! Maybe I'm just to impatient!! Lovely blog you have!!!!!~

    ReplyDelete