Saturday, July 19, 2008

Spiderman Shadowbox


I have my very own autographed picture of me when I was 6 years old taken with Spiderman. You can't see it but it says "To Cathy from Spidey". This Polaroid was in one of those cheap old silver aluminum frames and as I was hanging some pictures in my craft room, I just had to change out the frame. So I found a wood shadowbox and decorated it with spiderman papers and images that I found on the internet.


Simply basecoat the frame and use painters tape to protect the glass. Cut out your papers and Mod Podge (what else would you use????). I had these black flat back eyes (find them in the goo- goo eye section of a craft store) and glued them around the frame. Use a permanent marker to draw in some legs to look like tiny spiders are crawling.

The little gem in the corners are simply spacers from the bead department and a small acrylic rhinestone on top. This little shadowbox is soooo much better than that cheapy frame it has been in all this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment