Saturday, August 22, 2009

"Up You Go" Footstool


Hudson is actually not quite big enough to use a step stool but I think in a matter of months those little hands will reach the running water.

It has been a long time since I stenciled and after getting started it was a quick reminder of what an easy way to get a design down quickly. Really, in a matter of 5 minutes or less I had stenciled the lattice pattern and the vines. Use a "dry brush" technique and it dries instantly so you can move to the next step.


I drew my own owl pattern on scrapbook paper and then punched the flowers and the owl's eyes. Pull out the Mod Podge and get to gluing. I left space between all my owl pieces so that I could go back in and trace and color the areas with a gold paint pen.

With a gold pigment ink pad I stenciled the circles on the edge with a stencil brush. Let it all dry overnight and brush a coat of Mod Podge over the entire stool. Sprinkle a little glitter and let dry before brushing another coat of Mod Podge.

Done. That easy, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment