Saturday, March 8, 2008

Year of the Mousie


As another project for the nursery I created these very, very simple wall art pieces. Once I decide on a name I'll do a third one with his initial and hang these vertically over the crib. On the Chinese Zodiac calendar this is the year of the mouse, so what a perfect image to use in the nursery.

The square plastic frames came cheaply from IKEA. It comes in a pack of 4 and is double sided if you wanted to make a mobile to hang from the ceiling instead of a framed wall art piece.

The black mouse cutout was from a pack of handcut paper Chinese zodiac characters that I had bought during a vacation trip to China. I'm sure you can find these cutouts easily on the internet or in a bookstore in an Asian community. If not use any imagery you like from books, etc.

Just layer your image with some scrapbook papers for the background and frame! So simple that why not make your own wall art pieces for any room of the house. What can be easier...done in about 20 minutes...15 minutes if you not as particular as I am! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment